Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Feet Draggin' Wheels Turning-Anger erupting

Here it is the big dilemma I face in this torturous wait: WORK. Forgive me for being so candid but I kinda hate my job. I know that makes me sound like an awful person since I work with kids. The problem is never the kids. Yes they can be a handful but I adore them.

The problem: It's 10am and I am sent home again. The company needs to cut hours. So they bounce babies from my room to another room to make them "fit" into ratio for licensing requirements. This annoys me greatly since it in no way serves the best interest of the children. I can have 12 infants (6 weeks-12 months) in my room that is about 20x20. Add a couple of swings, jumper, bouncy seat, toys, 1-2 adults (including myself), PLUS 12 infants. To be fair rarely do we have 12 at once but often 10.

Parents are fed a fairytale of what happens there and it makes me nuts! It's all fine and good when parents are there but everything changes once the paperwork is signed. This bothers me much more then anyone else. This sorta thing always has. If you can't put the kids first then please don't run a business centered on them. The amount of money parents pay to get second rate care upsets me greatly.

So now that I have complained what do I do? I would like a different job-yesterday. This was supposed to be temporary 6-12 months because then our baby was to be home. It has been 18 months.

Many of you know that I am a photographer. But I really am not comfortable booking more then a few weddings without info on our travel. Considering going back to school and getting a teaching degree. But not sure what to do about right now. OY!!!

1 comment:

The Busters said...

Oh my goodness, I feel your pain on so many levels. It is so hard to try and figure out what to do about work when there is so much uncertainty surrounding the adoption. I clearly don't know the answer but I hear ya. sigh.... For what it is worth, I think you would be a great teacher!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers