Saturday, January 16, 2010

Some movement

There has been a little movement on "the list". I haven't been checking it as much because I just can't bare to see us sit in the same spot. We are at 18. It's not great. I will not jump when the phone rings, but it is something.

The listkeeper and I have become good "online" friends. I have never met her but we have a lot in common and she is just a few spots after us on the list. She emailed me to tell me she was feeling very optimistic. She calculated our worse case scenerio and came up with 6 months till referral. I suppose I can manage to wait 6 more months but lets think about this. That puts us at July. What happens in August? Oh yeah court closures. This really makes me wonder if the baby will be home this year. And since its only January that is hard to handle.

We'll have to get a homestudy update in July. If we don't have a referral by then we have decided that we will increase our age range and review the medical needs list. By July it will be more then 2 years since we were accepted with CHSFS. IF this does happen-IF we actually do become parents-I know it will be worth it. BUT that is a big IF at this point.

1 comment:

Momma C said...

Let me know if you need info about the medical conditions list- both KW and DW were special needs referrals and XW and AW both have/had special needs as well. Some aren't as scary as they sound. When this happened with our China wait, it felt like we had accomplished something to do the checklist and say to the agency "consider us" and within about 3-4 months we got the call. But 18 doesn't sound too far- Holt often makes referrals in big batches (like 10 families) It WILL happen but the waiting is beyond awful. (((hugs))))

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers