Friday, January 29, 2010

Joy Divided

What a day. I went to Target instead of coming home right away. BIG mistake. Had I come straight home I would have seen the joyous news even sooner. The beloved A, D, & E welcomed home a baby girl today. Our lucky charms The Ferg's get to bring their beautiful boy home sooner then expected.

With all this great news I still couldn't help but feel just a bit sorry for myself. I practiced retail therapy as one must do at such a time.

I did not call the hotline to see how many referrals came in this week. I thought I just can't take it. I can't hear 0 or 2 or some tiny number. Well sure enough 10 referrals came in this week. TEN! I'm not sure where this puts us on The Unofficial List but even a little movement is good.

4 comments:

jen said...

retail therapy is good and smart.

Its funny, or something, I felt a 'twinge' in my heart for you today also.
What a celebration when your time comes. I just can't wait.
love love love to you

Alex said...

I was actually "twinging" for you all day too. I'm so glad you posted this. Jen is absolutely right -- what a celebration will be coming your way. It's seriously going to be the party of the century. LOVE to you from here too!

Ali said...

I was thinking of you yesterday as well. I think it's a wonderful thing that we are all not only sharing in each other's joys, but also in the difficulties as well. And I echo Jen & Alex's thought: your referral is going to be greeted with a response that may very well shut down Facebook!!

Can't wait to see you on Sunday, I'm sure Lila will be ROARING at you non-stop!

paige said...

I think we all felt a twinge (or seven) for you several times lately.

All of the ladies are right--it's going to be one hell of a party when your referral comes in (really, really soon)!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers