Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Don't judge me

Ok this may be pushing it and borderline pathetic, but... I went to print an updated copy of The List. You know that thing I obsess over daily. I mark the names off with a pink or blue highlighter to reflect the recent referrals. Well when I went to print The List it printed in pink. I know we are just out of cyan ink but still. Maybe it's a sign. I think it becomes slightly less pathetic when I know how pathetic it sounds before I "say" it.

According to The List 2 families want a boy, 5 want a girl and the rest are open (these are the families that are in front of us). Do you have a gut feeling about our referral? My dear friend Emily swears we are "having" a girl. My niece says we are having a couple girls. My best friend, Betsy, has always said she thought we'd have a girl first. We have lots of boy clothes so I wouldn't be surprised at all if we got a referral for a girl.

Honestly I don't care either way. I want both!

Wow I just realized this post sounds sorta...optimistic. How can that be?

4 comments:

The Busters said...

OF COURSE the paper printed in pink because your baby is a girl! (Geesh, I am gonna feel silly if it is a boy.) But I am pretty darn convinced. I will be happy for you either way of course and will love him/her like crazy!

Amy said...

So thankful for friends that partake in my insanity!

paige said...

It certainly would be easier to share hand me downs with you if you had a girl. That's all I'm saying...

The Busters said...

We (aka Me) partake in the insanity because we are also insane. :) Can't wait for the hand me downs we will get from the group!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers