Thursday, December 31, 2009

Good Bye 2009

Well we survived it. 2009 is nearly over. I am hopeful that next year will be better. Although I have thought this for about 3 years.

2009 was hard but I am thankful for it. The wait, however painful, has allowed me to grow as a person. Hopefully it will make me a better mother. I have read a ton of books, blogs, and magazines. But the best info I have gotten is from The Tribe. I am forever thankful for my girls. They are brave enough to share the good and bad of parenting and adoption. They will make me a better parent and person.

I am thankful for the opportunity I have been given to get to know the local Ethiopian families. Christmas eve eve was great. Seleshi dropped by Joel's work with a token of appreciation for our photography services. That evening Megnot came by to pick up a c.d. of photos and Tiru came by with a thank you for doing her family photos. The gifts were great but I couldn't help but think how lucky we are to know them and have their friendship.

I, of course, am forever thankful to my husband. He really is such a good guy. I got to see him entertain AM at Tuba Christmas, get tackled by Christine's boys at IFIF, and run around and play with lots more of your children at this years gatherings. He will be a great father.

I hope that 2010 brings tears of joy for all of you.

EDIT: Almost forgot. I need to mention that I am so thankful for our families. When we said we were adopting from Ethiopia at first they were apprehensive. Now all they want to know is what is taking so long because they want their grandchild, niece/nephew, cousin, etc... home. My oldest niece 5.5 (going on 13) said to me on Christmas eve, " I wish my cousin were here". I said "me too". Then she said, "hopefully for next Christmas". We received travel books on Africa and lots of books, puzzles, and ornaments with african and african american children depicted. I am so thankful my family "gets it". While I am sure questions and issues will arise it's great to go into this with much support.

1 comment:

Alex said...

I love the edit! Can't wait to see you tonight!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers