Thursday, March 10, 2011

Tooth #2

I have had enough of teething! Seriously it is making my sweet little boy an unbearable mess. It has been two weeks. His first tooth came last week and I thought for sure the second tooth would be in within a day or two. It has been over a week and I am holding out hope that it breaks through today.

I had to take him to the pediatrician on Friday because I couldn't tell if he had another ear infection or if it was just the teething. Turns out it was the teething plus a cold. The amount of snot oozing from my boy is overwhelming some days. His ENT appt. was all messed up so we still haven't went. They had us on the wrong day and then the dr. was stuck in the dominican Republic after doing some aid work. Fine by me. I'm still hoping we can get through the next month with no ear ache and be out of the ear infection season.

I think we are un the upswing now. He is screaming and fussy quite a bit due to his teething and frustration about not walking yet. the boy cruises around like nobody's business. He pushes his leap frog toys to the kitchen where he scales the wall to the frig and then makes his way to the stove. Not sure how to handle this? He likes to look at his reflection in the stove but I don't think that is a great idea.

Did I mention that he pooped so much yesterday that it actually got into his hair? That was awesome! He has been known for diarrhea but this went above and beyond.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Yikes! Sounds like we all need a girls night out soon!

Katie said...

Teething is the worst, I said pretty mucht he same thing last night to Trent. Leo has 6 coming in right now (two of which are molars). I've heard whiskey on the gums help (obviously I mean your gums, not Tesfa's)... Good luck & it WILL get better! Once those teeth pop through, a new child emerges!

SS said...

We're dealing with teething too, and it is not fun! Tagen really likes the Infantino vibrating teether that looks like grapes. Also, I go a cold air humidifier for his room that we keep on during the night and at naptimes. He hasn't had a cold since. Could be a coincidence, but I'm still happy with the ~$30 that I spent on it. Good luck!

Nikki said...

Teething bites!!! 1 suggestion...
Hyland's Homeopathic teething tablets!!!! Buy them at Walmart or Target and they are heaven sent...trust me!!! I swear by them!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers