Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Big Baby

So I was giving Tesfa his bottle before laying him down for his nap and I felt so sad. He is switching over to milk now and will soon be done with bottles. I used to dread nap time but even then I liked giving him his bottle. I enjoy swaddling him and holding him and he enjoys it too. I've never really felt sad about the time we missed with Tesfa(until today)-partly because he was so young when he came home and partly because it seems selfish to grieve that time. The time I missed with him is nothing in comparison to the time his birthmother is missing. But there I was getting all teary thinking about handing him a sippy cup with meals and just laying him in his crib at nap time.

I know I don't have to stop the bottle the day he turns one but it still made me sad.

1 comment:

Alex said...

We still use bottles at nap/bedtime! Oh well!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers