Thursday, January 6, 2011

A week ago

One week ago things were good. Tesfa was getting on a schedule, he was starting to sleep in his crib and I was getting to bed earlier to save my sanity. POINTLESS! I truly do not know what to do. This has been the worst week we have had together. Mostly because I feel like after 4 months things should be on the upswing but at the moment that is not true.

Last night he woke up 5 times before 10p.m. I don't think he is sick or teething. There is no fever. I gave him tylenol just in case but again it made no difference.

We had a play date this morning and he took a nap in the car on the way home. Around 2p.m. he started getting sleepy again and I got him ready for his nap. Well it's almost 4p.m. no nap has taken place. There has been a lot of crying from both of us. I try to be calm with him but after 5 times trying to lay him down my patience is gone. Does that make me an awful person? It certainly feels like it. So what do I do? He is crying now because he is tired but nothing I try works.

He is such a sweet boy but if I don't figure out this napping/sleeping thing I'm going to lose my freakin mind. I was using a 7 minute rule (he could fuss/cry for 7 minutes before I would go get him). That seemed to help immensely. It rarely took him more then 2-3 minutes to fall asleep. This week I think he would lay there for two hours screaming and still not fall asleep (of course I haven't let him scream in his crib for two hours).

1 comment:

Katie said...

Ugh, I'm sorry hun! This is so hard, and NO it does not make you a bad Mom! We all have some hurdles at some point in our lives as mother's. Kids seem to go through phases where sleep goes SO well, and then in an instant it can change. You ARE a VERY good Mom, and you just have to take care of the both of you! Emme went through a no nap phase that I struggled with. Leo has been sleeping so bad lately, but then yesterday he took a three hour nap! Nothing had changed! I don't know how many times I have rocked my babies while still crying myself! I don't have too much advice, but just wanted to tell you that I'm thinking about you and it's okay to vent! Being a Mom is hard, being an AWESOME Mom is even harder! And you are one of the best! Love ya lots!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers