Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Normal

Well I think we just need to readjust and get used to the fact that we will need to adapt to our new schedule of getting up 4 times a night. It's hard to do when Tesfa used to get up once or twice. It would have been easier if he did this when he first came home but it is what it is. We've done and tried everything we can think of. So I'll do my best to get to bed super early-which I have never done-in hopes that I can reserve some sanity.

I reserved a book from the library on post adoption depression, mostly because they didn't have one called Tired & Bitchy. Now if only I can get over there to pick it up, maybe it will have some suggestions on coping with our new schedule. I don't actually feel depressed just worn out and stressed.

2 comments:

jessica said...

Lack of sleep can be dreadful when you're dealing with a fussy boy. I am embarressed of how snappy I get, how little patience I have, when I'm tired and our boy is crying/fussy. It is not pleasant for anyone involved.

Hang in there. It really will get better...

Nikki said...

Hang in there hun! You'll get through it...but the wait until it gets better is tough. I made it through it with a lot of coffee and some time for myself. Make sure that you do have time where you can have girl time...that always helps! Hang in there and know that it'll all get better! HUGS!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers