Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Not a good sign

It's 8 in the morning and I am about to pull my hair out. He is screaming his head off because he is so tired but refuses to go to sleep. I'm taking a 5 minute break and going back in to try and rock him to sleep-again. He has one dose of his antibiotic left.

Yesterday seemed better. I took him out the the conservatory and seemed to have a little more patience when he woke up 3 times from his afternoon nap and had to be rocked back to sleep.

I think we'll head back to the dr. again tomorrow-4 visits in 4 weeks.

update: ok he fell asleep after a couple minutes-hoping it last for a little bit.

1 comment:

M and M said...

Hi. I haven't really followed your blog from 'arrived home' until now but I have some curiosity about whether your son might be having some hyper-vigilant issues around sleeping. Our son (home now 2+ years) had some super duper issues with sleep that created an enormous need for increased 'cacooning' for about the first year being home. Often he would do fine during outings but all of his anxiety/trauma/attachment would emerge during sleep time.
Have you spent some time exploring this idea?
No sleep is so hard - I hope you find some solution! (and the forum can be very supportive on this issue!)

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers