Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What would you do?

I feel like I have completely forgotten what it is I should be doing about now. It has been so long since I actually thought we might get a referral that I feel like I have blocked out all info pertaining to it. We haven't really discussed baby names in months or looked at the adoptlanguage book & cd.

Besides sleeping what the hell am I supposed to be doing? Do you really think this time 3 more months might actually mean 3 more months (or less)?

What vaccinations should we get? We hope to travel to Lalibela and Gonder-does that make a difference? I mean seriously you would think I had not been stalking blogs and forums for nearly two years.


3 comments:

Momma C said...

we got Hep A/Hep B (actually for China but would have needed them for Ethiopia), typhoid and yellow fever (as well as making sure everything was up to date. We also got meningitis (although the kids did not get that one- only the adults) We didn't do malaria but we knew we were not (unfortunately) leaving Addis.

I wouldn't worry about a name (unless you want to) You will have time between referral and court to decide. I would start thinking about any big things you need- car seat (which I can give you lots of advice about), crib, etc. And I started going through closets and doing all the home stuff I didn't want to do once we came home. Also- sleep in- I know you think you've done enough of that but believe me eventually you will miss it:) I personally wouldn't go crazy doing things as you will need something to do to pass the time between referral and travel (which I hate to tell you can sometimes be harder than the wait for referral- but it is MUCH shorter)
Can't wait to see your news. I spoke at the Adoption Academy and somehow I mentioned you to Carla and she asked how you were doing.

Jean said...

Hi Amy:

I'm stalking your blog. Sad to admit. But I will be happy when I can be upset that you have a referral and thus will "leave me behind" as a December waiter (as happens with all the waiting for referral blogs I stalk.

Amy said...

Jean I know that feeling well. I've actually stopped reading one blog because I just couldn't take it.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers