Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What a day

I'm home nursing a lacerated cornea. One might wonder 'how the hell do you lacerate your cornea?'. Good question. I was rocking one of my beloved babies to sleep at work. I was actually thinking how I adore this boy who is often quite the stinker. I kiss his little forehead and think about increasing our age range (he is 20 mnths). He was being funny and threw himself back and as he did so he raked his nail across my eyeball!!! Seriously. I have a severe abrasion according to the dr. It hurts like hell. Today is a little better. . This is actually not the first time this has happened to me. A few years ago I lacerated my cornea while in woodshop for a sculpture class. My mask snapped and hit me in the eye. My poor hubby has had to come home every few hours from work to make sure I have eaten and taken my meds (eyedrops). I am starting to get my sight back.

Its a good thing too because The Grandey's passed court!!! I finally got to see a picture of their little boy. Wow is he beaitiful. I am hoping for more good news any day now from The Buster's.

You know how everyone says you get your referral when you least expect it. What if I got mine when I wasn't able to see 'her' sweet face??? that's pushing it because I still expect it to be a while before the call. And I better have most of my sight back tomorrow. But wouldn't that be my luck.

1 comment:

The Busters said...

So glad you are able to get back on the computer!!! I've been worried about you!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers