Monday, March 15, 2010

Happiness Ensues Afterall

I was able to mark two names of the list in the last two days. I believe I will be able to mark a couple more names off in the next few days. Thoughts of breaking into the top ten are a little unbelievable. I know top ten is still quite aways from referral but how I have longed to be in the top ten. Those on the forum post Top Ten Waiters topics regularly-In hopes that some in that elite group will travel together.

So I have been running around the house like a lunatic (a pretty happy lunatic). I have asked Joel if he wants to see a pie chart-trying to figure out if we'll have a boy or girl. He assures me he doesn't but I think he's fibbing so I'll probably make him one anyway. It will lead to the same conclusion my charts have had for months-no idea.

My big debate at the moment is my tattoo. I have been planning to get one for about a year. I thought a permanent mark of something ethiopian (esque) would be appropriate.

My tattoo ideas: (let me know what you think)

Foot: Ethiopia -maybe with meskel daisies
Wrist, Shoulder, or back?: (In Amharic text): Ethiopia OR One Love OR Mother

Those are the top contenders anyway. I've been warned that the foot is probably the most painful place to get a tattoo. But even that seems appropriate. More then likely I will wait and have it done when THE CALL comes.

Now that I think of it that might be a fun girls night for The Tribe. We can all get tattoo'd. hhhmmmm?

7 comments:

Alex said...

HMMMM ... I have thought about this too actually, but in all honestly I know I will never do it. (You are way braver than me!) I'd totally go with you though!

Amy said...

It's really not that bad. I have one and got it when I was 18 or 19. It really didn't hurt that much. Maybe I can talk you into it???

Ali said...

Oh my, I've been considering this for some time!!! My plan was to get "Rahel" and "Pagume" in Amharic. Just cannot decide where. And I know it silly for a 34 year-old mom, but I'm still a wee bit terrified of my Dad! Hooray, so happy to hear the good news! I, for one, would LOVE to see that pie chart.

The Busters said...

I do NOT need to see a pie chart as I know the result. :) Damon has been trying to talk me into a tatoo for years and he definitely wants to get an Ethiopian themed tatoo so he will for sure go with you. I am terrified of the pain and also a little scared of my parents too. :) Glad I am not the only one! But I will totally go and hold your hand! YAY for top ten!!!!!!!!!

Amy said...

When I was 19 I had my tattoo and got my belly button pierced. My dad saw it when I came home to do laundry. I guess I've not been so worried about it since then.

Sounds like we need to make a night of it.

Amy said...

That sounded kinda creepy. I was really tiny (and young) then and had one of those shirts that shows your belly button on. Thats how my dad saw it.

paige said...

not sure about a tattoo, but i've planning to get my nose pierced once I reach a goal I've set, so I'll go along...

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers