Thursday, March 11, 2010

IF

If someone from my agency called me right now and said my child's birth parent(s) wanted to meet me or that I could come see my child for a few hours I would be on the first plane to Ethiopia.

In a matter of speaking I think that is what has just happened. IF there is a chance we will get to meet our childs family in court. Maybe we would have met them anyway but...

IF we get to meet our baby and hold them if only for a short time it will be worth the extra money for tickets. The plane ride coming home without our child will make the one coming home with them seem easy.

IF there is any possibility that we can stay in Ethiopia for a few weeks then we will.

IF IF IF my phone ever rings and I hear those glorious words "It's a ________ (boy or girl maybe even twins)!" Then I will be the luckiest person ever.

3 comments:

paige said...

sing it, sister.

this will work out--it looks ugly right now, but things will work out

and for the record, I know my soothsaying track record is faulty, but let's roll with it, shall we?

Tam and Kai - NYC said...

i like your "IFs" and the positive spin. stay strong.
now come on referral!

Heidi said...

Amy, I think the changes our agency was talking about were related to how things will work in country on this first trip, wait times between trips, etc. - all agency specific things. I don't think they were implying any other big policy changes (good grief I hope not). Why on earth is it taking so long for your agency to get you a referral? I'm sorry you have to go through it. I know how hard it is. We waited just shy of 13 months for ours. Hang in there. It WILL happen and it is going to be so worth it!!!

Heidi

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers