Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tomorrow is a big day!

It will be our one year waitaversary. Part of me is excited about it. We are one year closer to our child. We are one year closer to boarding a plane and flying to Africa. We are one year closer to (hopefully) meeting our child's birth family. It is so hard, almost impossible, to believe that this will really happen.

One year ago I ran around the house like a mad woman screaming and crying tears of joy. This year I'll probably do the same for a variety of reasons. Part of me is sad. It's hard to believe it is taking this long. BUT it's hard to think of what is going on on the other side of the fence.

We are having dinner and drinks with friends tomorrow to commemorate the day.

Its hard to believe how different things will be one year from today.

UPDATE: We made the first page of the unofficial list. It's a small step but I'll take it!

No comments:

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers