Friday, September 4, 2009

Looking for a pediatrician

I called 5 or 6 places today.  Most of the had multiple doctors incase your dr. was out sick or in Tahiti or something.  The first place I spoke with sounded very nice.  The receptionist said they had several families with children adopted internationally.  One of the dr.'s had a son that was adopted domestically.  The only bad thing is that the dr.'s are all white.  

The rest of the places seemed surprised when I asked about IA experience.  As though it wouldn't matter.  

Any recommendations?  

3 comments:

Roscoe and Julia Richardson said...

We use pediatric associates - dr. Krueck - she was GREAT with Micah and I would recommend her. I think we were her first ET patient but she has other Internationally adopted patients. She spent a lot of time with us and Micah the first few visits to talk us through vaccinations, nutrition, development, his bacterial stuff, etc. She's in Polaris and Whitehall I think

OH and we need to set up a photo shoot for Micah! He is such a ham in front of the camera - it's crazy cute!! You need some ET babyies on your website :)

Amy said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I would love to photograph Micah. I plan on blocking off a weekend or two in Oct & Nov for family photos in honor of National Adoption Month.

Alex said...

Hey Amy,

Our pediatrician is African American. She's awesome. Her name is Dr. Jacob and she's in Westerville. I can give you her info if you like when I see you.

-Alex

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers