Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cynical Rant

We received word this week that Mussie orphanage lost its license. Why does this bother me so? Well any orphanage having to close down is not a good sign, but it is especially troublesome when 2 or 3 of the "ethical" agencies have children at said orphanage. CHSFS and Holt both had children in that orphanage. And my son was there for a short while. Now I do have to say that I don't question his story. I met a member of his birthfamily, I have the life book and all the paperwork adds up ( I know it is more complicated than that but it is a good start). But what the hell! This in't supposed to happen to those agencies-you know "the good ones" . So if the good orphanages are facing closure (do to some good reason-not exactly sure yet) then what are all the unethical agencies doing?

I feel as though I have reached that period where I am becoming (or have become) that hypocritical cynical AP that PAP's dislike or at least in my case question. It's easy to say shut it down when you have your child home...ok not easy...actually it sucks and breaks my heart but still easier than when I was waiting-but at what point is enough enough? How many more cases do their need to be? I know what this means for the kids that actually need homes. I hate the thought of a child growing up in an orphanage or on the streets, but it crushes my soul to think that people lie to birth families, exchange money or do a number of others things that are simply not ok.


*Just to clarify CHSFS nor Holt are shutting down it is one of the orphanages they work with.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I would recommend doing an independent verification if you can. It is well worth it especially if your sweet one passed through Bethzana or Mussie. :(

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers