Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Fewer people hate me.

In my last post I mentioned that everyone at my work hates me. This has been stressing me out beyond belief for months. I mean taking care of 8-12 babies in one room is hard enough. [This gives me even greater appreciation for the nannies who are (or will be) caring for my child.]

So Saturday Joel and I went to see my family. My SIL invited us to go to their new church. So we went. When we walked in the pastor immediately said hello to us and thanked us for coming. Nice. I've been to a few churches where no one speaks to you or knows who you are. The theme of the service was forgiveness. I must say the pastor did a great job. He read scripture that spoke about forgiving and going to the person who has wronged you and letting them know.

All I could think about was this person who I work with and haven't gotten along with in months. So on Tuesday I thought 'don't be coward-go talk to her'. So I did. I tried to be very calm and not attack her. I thought I was doing a great job in that aspect. However it was not received well. She said some pretty mean things. I of course fired back a few short and cocky responses (never said I was perfect).

Anyway that night I was telling Joel about what happened. I said I felt much better for the most part. I was calm, told her my side, and felt better even if the outcome wasn't what I had hoped. As I was telling Joel the phone rang. It was her. I was reluctant to answer (we were getting ready to go meet friends at Surly Girl and I didn't want to be in a bad mood). I answered it anyway. She asked if I could talk and said that she was sorry for how she responded. She apologized for things she had said and we agreed to get over and move on. So today at work...I spoke to people and they spoke to me! This is a big step forward.

Not sure if it was divine intervention or just a coincidence but either way it should make my life a little easier.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Love this post. Well done!

17.5 months is too long to wait for a referral. I really hope you get that call very soon. (oh, and I love that your cat is named smoosh!!).

Heidi

The Busters said...

Forgiveness is such a powerful thing!! It such a big part of letting go, which is so hard in my opinion! You should pat yourself on the back for a job well done! Your story is such a good reminder that everything in life is temporary. (hopefully including waiting for a referral!) Love you!

SS said...

Being unhappy at work can make the rest of your life miserable. Maybe things will start looking up for you now! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get a referral soon!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers