Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The 411 on what I expect

Joel has just officially been schooled in what I expect (if/when that elusive baby finally comes home). He looked a little scared as I ranted. These are things he has known for a while but I thought he might need a refresher. You will change diapers, get up for 12 a.m. and 2 a.m. and 4 a.m. feedings, you will kick me out of the house if I am going completely insane, if need be you will call The Tribe and tell them to get their butt's over here to remind me that we will all survive (and hopefully one day thrive). You will call The Shrink if needed!!!

I read a wonderful blog post today from a woman who just brought home her son.
She is struggling. The little boy is challenging to say the least. Lots of adoptomom's sent her messages of support. I completely believe she will make it. In a few weeks or months it will be a blur and she will love him and he will love her, but for now it sucks.
If you want to read it go to: www.lovely-chaos.com

I can't tell you how much I appreciated reading her post. If it were not for other adoptive families I don't think I would have told a soul if I have PAD (post adoption depression). I mean really. What kind of person waits for a child for years only to find themselves questioning what they have done??? Apparently, a lot of people. Alot of really nice people- mothers (and fathers)- who are a little lost for awhile.

2 comments:

Alex said...

I would love to read this post!

Amy said...

You should be able to read it. I never mark anything private.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers