Thursday, August 25, 2011

Jabber, Jabber, Word

We have reached the point where Tesfa is trying to repeat almost everything you say. He went to a baseball game with daddy earlier this week and came home telling me, b ball, bay ball, b ball. Super cute. There is a particular page in a book that Tesfa loves because it has a clown fish on it. He calls it Nemo and kisses it all the time (he's a little obsessed with Nemo). But the book also has the ocean as the background for the clownfish. Tesfa looked at the coral the other day and said "cora" or something like it. So maybe Nemo isn't so bad? He also has a pool that looks like a hippo. So he runs around saying 'hibo'. I am just amazed at how quickly he is picking all this up. He also says 'boo boo' a lot lately. Not surprising since I'll have a bandage on my elbow until he's 12.

So here is his current list of words (of course they are toddler speak and not always pronounced well-but mommy gets him).
Mama, Dada, dog, star, door, car, wow, bubble, coral, hippo, boo boo, skunk (kunk) and doctor. There are probably a few more that I am forgetting.

He also does a nice selection of animal noises and can identify at least 3 colors. Yesterday he woke up and starting open and closing his hand to signify pinching-he wanted a picture of a crab. Is he a genius? I think yes.

And in case you are wondering, no he hasn't said a bad word yet. However we are seeing my family this weekend so anything is possible. When I have been "upset" lately I say Awesome (in a snotty grouchy tone). I figure it would be better to hear Tesfa say that then my usual list of colorful words.

3 comments:

Alex said...

Boy Wonder! That's awesome -- he's got a lot of words! Will for sure make things less frustrating for him at this age ...

jen said...

Yes! Super genius!

paige said...

such a brilliant boy!!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers