Tuesday, August 30, 2011

99 1/2 Years


We found out today that Joel's grandmother passed away. She was 99.5 years old. Isn't that amazing? When we found out about Tesfa we sent her a photo of him. A few weeks later when we visited her she had his photo proudly displayed and said, "I'm really start to love that little guy". We took her photo with his picture-not knowing if they would ever meet.

A few weeks after coming home we headed up to see her. This is my favorite photo from that visit. We saw her just a few weeks ago and Tesfa smiled and showed off for her. I'm so glad she got to meet him and see him over his first year home. I'm so glad that she was in Joels life for so long. And I'm so glad I got to have her in my life.

3 comments:

Alex said...

I'm so sorry Joel and Amy. I know how hard this must be for you. You all are in my thoughts and prayers

The Busters said...

I love that photo and how T is touching Joel's chin. So sorry for your loss and I hope his family finds comfort in joining together to celebrate her long and amazing life!

Katie said...

Amy, sorry to hear this news. She sounds like she was a lovely woman.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers