Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hair today...Gone tomorrow....or next month...or next year??

The great debate at the moment is when to cut Tesfa's hair. His hair is long-around 6 inches on top. It is getting so think-you don't notice it until you are washing it but it's thick. So do we cut it? My hope was that with hat weather on its way out I could keep it long and his curls would keep their shape. But after his nap they are slightly less cute and after bed they seem a little frizzy. Maybe it's time to call the experts (aka: Ali) and have a hair intervention.

I went to pick up some take out tonight and stopped into the hair salon next door to the restuarant. It appeared to be black owned and operated. When I walk in everyone turned and looked with a .....curious face (I didn't have doodle with me). They do take young kids. Sooooo maybe?

My biggest concern with cutting it is that he just won't look like a baby anymore. I just can't believe he is such a big boy already.

1 comment:

Chez said...

Little T got his first haircut (with us) not to long ago, and it turned out really cute! His hair was the same way. You didn't realize how long it was until you washed it. And it was so cute after a bath, but not so much after a nap. My husband took him to a children's hair place where they sit in little cars and watch videos while getting their hair cut. He made sure that they cut black hair before he took T, and it was fine. T was the only kid there who didn't cry.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers