Thursday, June 3, 2010

Scared

Someone asked me recently if I was scared. YEP! About so many things.

I am scared about the flight. I am not a great flier.
I am especially scared about the flight home without our boy.

I am scared about being a guinea pig in the world of two trips.
I just don't want any big glitches.

I am scared about the birthparent meeting.
I want to say the "right" thing but I'm not sure what that is.

I am scared about being a parent (and thrilled).
I have never done that before. I think anyone who is about to become a parent for the first time should be scared-at least a little.

I am scared about court!
I've never been to court here let alone in Ethiopia.
I hope that the judge will rule in our favor. Because the scariest thing is that he isn't officially ours until the judge says so. Please judge say so (and soon if possible).




3 comments:

Alex said...

Amy. I totally understand where you're coming from. It is so scary! I hope you will be a tiny bit reassured by the fact that people less prepared and "worthy" have been thru all of these things before and have been A-OK. I don't know how how I even made it to ET because I am the biggest wimp (and terrified of flying to boot). It may not be as scary as it all sounds impending -- I have a feeling you will handle it as gracefully as possible as it all comes. I was terrified in your shoes, but as it happened it all just "happened" ... and it happened as it was meant to happen. As it will with you. And, from experience, the meeting with your child's birth mom will just totally come naturally -- not at all as you plan it, no matter how you try. It may have awkward times, it may have wonderful times, but it will be what it is, and you won't regret a thing one bit. I love you!!

Amy said...

Alex, you are awesome and I love you. Thanks for the reassurance.

The Busters said...

Oh my gosh, Alex's comment was amazing!!! It made me feel so much better!! I'm scared too. About all the same things. But Alex is right and it will just happen and just be and we can rest in that. Love you!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers