Monday, June 7, 2010

Rediet




So we have a little girl. She isn't really ours. We aren't really hers, but seeing her face makes me smile just the same. About 1 1/2 years ago I decided we should sponsor a little girl. I think it was shortly after watching a video by girleffect.org. I contacted COEEF.org and got some info on a little girl attending The Phase Academy in Ethiopia. I/we started sending a small monthly check (really small $20ish).

A few months ago I read a blog post about how important it is to send cards/photos to your sponsored child. So I finally sent her a card, stickers and a photo of Joel and I. I had tried to do this several times before. I just couldn't figure out what to say.

I told her that we were proud of her (and we are). Today I got an email with photos of her receiving the card and photo. Then I went and checked the mail. I got more photos of her and two pictures she had made for me. I cried.

I know it's not much. I truly wish we could do more. But I hope for her it does make a difference.

4 comments:

The Busters said...

So amazing!! She is adorable!! I just told my mom to go read your blog. :)

Amy said...

Please no correcting grammar or anything else :-) I was 1/2 asleep when posting.

Alex said...

I love it, Amy! I want to cry now too (and I don't cry easily). We sponsor a little girl at AHOPE but I'm not sure if we can send her letters -- I never thought about it before! I want to look into it now! Thanks for the idea! (By the way, she is beautiful and a great artist!)

I have your new shirt -- will you be at fam nite?

jen said...

Muluken's momma's name is Rediet. Both are beautiful. xo

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers