Monday, October 17, 2011

Soapbox Savior

I just got into a rather heated facebook discussion with another ET adoptive mama. It makes me shake just thinking about it. Moral of the story was someone said Uganda is having ethical concerns and the poster was attacked (maybe too strong of a word) for questioning adoptions. The attacker went on to say how she had saved her son and that God had willed it. In her opinion only people with good experiences should share their stories. Really? It infuriates me so!

I am not a saint for adopting my son. Maybe God choose us for him but I'm not sure why we got so lucky. And for the life of me I can't figure out what that means for his birth family.

And why would you tell someone to ignore the bad experiences? Do people really think that God places the child in your family and that's that-don't worry yourself with ethics. Awesome-what could go wrong?

No comments:

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers