Monday, October 31, 2011

Confession of an awful mom: Editing






I love the show Everybody Loves Raymond. I remember the episode where Robert & Amy finally get married. Everything goes wrong. And Rays toast is on editing. He basically said the photos won't show the craziness and fighting. The photos will show the happy moments. Isn't that true with most family photos/memories. No one takes a photo when you are a raging lunatic or in the middle of an argument. That's kinda how these photos go.

It might look like this was a lot of fun and in a few years maybe I'll forget that I wanted to pull my hair out. It's frustrating being a photographer and having your child be fussy and not sit still for our perfect family photo. Maybe (ok-probably) my expectations were too high when all 3 of us were having a crabby, fussy day . BUT STILL! I wanted a cute photo damn it!

2 comments:

The Busters said...

I LOVE this post! So true. The photos are gorgeous, I especially the love the one of you and T in the leaves!

SS said...

These photos are awesome! In time, hopefully you'll forget that it was such a stressful day.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers