Thursday, October 6, 2011

Attachement thing?

So lately Tesfa has been around our family quite a bit. He and I went to my parents house last weekend so Joel could get some painting and stuff done. We saw my brother and his family, my parents and two different close friends. Tesfa seemed very comfortable. He still came to me when he fell or got sad. I feel like our attachement is very solid. Really I've questioned it very little since he has been home. He began looking to us to see if someone was 'ok' pretty quickly after coming home. Which is why it seems a little silly to question his attachement. The other day at the park he took someone's hand and let her pick him up. She asked if it was ok first (she had a son the same age as Tesfa and he was adopted as well). I didn't think too much of it. Then this morning he grabbed a womans hand when we were walking and tried to get her to stay and play. At the library today he tried to get someone to help him get a toy (when I told him no).

I'm leaning towards thinking it's nothing. I feel like he knows that he is around people that are safe when he is with my husband or I (which is always). We are heading to Joels parents house this weekend for a visit. He was really excited to see his "PaPa" the other day and I think he'll do well. He used to be much more hesitant around people but seems to have relaxed quite a bit. So is he just more confident or is it an attachment thing?

4 comments:

The Busters said...

He is clearly very attached to you. Wednesday at the library he kept running up to you and would shout, "Mama!" And he cries sometimes when you leave. I think he is just getting more social and you are always around when he explores like that. I think he feels safe.

Alex said...

E would do that at the same age ... it would make me worry too, but it passed. It's more of an age-related thing ... trying to exert some independence. No worries, mama!

Momma C said...

I agree with Alex and Emily- I think it is a sign he is secure in his attachment to you and it just one of those things kids his age do. I think if it was attachment you would have been seeing it in other ways for months before this. No worries!!!!

Amy said...

Thanks Ladies-That's what I was thinking too.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers