Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Where we are

Tesfa is doing remarkably well. Overall, despite his food and sleep issues, I feel like his/my transition was fairly simple (easy to say that now). He has been home for 9 months-can you believe it?

He jabbers all the time.
He says: Mama, Dada, Dog (when encouraged).
He signs more very well---and often
Walks like a pro and is starting to do stairs (gasp)
He eats like a horse. I am so scared for his teenage years.
He has six teeth.
My favorite new thing is that he grabs my hand and pulls me to whatever it is he wants to show me. Last week it was a boo-boo on the wall that he made me look at 100 times.
And his dance moves continue to improve and impress.
He knows his: head/hair, nose, eyes, elbow, knees, teeth, tongue, toes, ears and eyes.
He kisses the animals in his books and if we're lucky daddy and I get a few kisses too.

1 comment:

paige said...

he was SO excited just to walk all over the church during dinner on Sunday night. I didn't try to guide him--I just followed behind him as he toddled everywhere. It was awesome--thanks for sharing the Tesfa love!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers