Monday, May 17, 2010

News of possible news makes people happy

It's been great having hopeful news to share. I'm not quite used to it. It's been 20 months & 1 week since we began the official wait. I am hoping by 21 months we have our referral. I can hardly believe.

When I called my mom for Mother's Day I told her we expected to know something in a matter of weeks. When Belynda (my sil) told her we were #4 the other day I guess she lost it. I saw her this weekend and she said "I'm sorry. When I heard that I cried and called a couple of people. I just had to tell someone." I told her I could probably "forgive" her for being excited about her grandchild.

Most of my friends could make a list pages long of great memories with their mom. Mine is shorter. We haven't had the best relationship for a number of reasons. I will add this to the top of my short list and hope for more things to add when the baby is finally home.

Everyone (ok not everyone but a few people) seems to be dreaming of Our Call: The Call. My SIL, Kristen, emailed today to say she had a dream we got The Call and it was a girl. Jen had a dream we got The Call also. On Saturday I had a dream we got The Call.

My heart races everytime the phone rings now. It's nerve wracking but a spot I am happy to finally be in.


1 comment:

The Busters said...

Now you are making me cry!! I think about your call ALL THE TIME!! It makes me weepy. Love you!!!!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers