Monday, May 3, 2010

20 months quickly approaching

Lots of crappy anniversaries ( I mean wonderful milestones) are approaching. On the 9th it will be TWO YEARS since we were approved to adopt from Ethiopia ( oh yeah and mother's day).

The 10th will be our 20th month of waiting. Unpredictable was the word most used to describe IA when we started. I think that is a gross understatement.

Honestly I'm so preoccupied with my friends referral that I haven't thought as much about our referral. When my phone rings I hope to see Emily's name not our case workers or social workers. Don't get me wrong I still would love to see their name it just doesn't seem as likely.

2 comments:

Cami said...

Hang in there....it WILL happen!

The Busters said...

Words cannot describe how lucky I feel to have you as a friend. I NEVER expected to make life long friends on this journey. LOVE YOU!! I am sending this quote back to you. "Hope is grief's best music." Author Unknown
I am still HOPING for you!!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers