Tuesday, November 17, 2009

life on hold

17 months That's how long the next family on "The List" has been waiting for an infant referral. Seems likely to think, only 3 more months to go. BUT that is what I thought 3 months ago when families were waiting 14-15 months for referral. I thought we had a chance of knowing by Christmas but that is not possible.

The worst part of waiting for me has been that I put my career on hold. As a self employed photographer I didn't want to book weddings and then tell the bride, "sorry I'll be in Ethiopia". I had thought about starting a career with a large studio. But I didn't want to do that and leave less then a year later. It didn't seem right. Now 14 months later I am wondering-how much longer do I put my life on hold?

3 comments:

The Busters said...

Super frustrating!! I have had moments when I thought, "Oh I shouldn't sign up for (fill in the blank) because I might be in Ethiopia." I have to try and stop myself from doing that but it is SO HARD!

Sha Zam- said...

Never. Don't put anything on hold. Make the best choice that is right for right now. You may have to chagne course at some unknown date in the future.. but... you'll drown yourself if you start playing the 'waiting game". (says person who still sttruggels with it..)

Amy said...

I am drowning in the waiting game. Where is the damn lifegaurd? They should know I can't swim!!!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers