Monday, August 31, 2009

Excuse me while I ramble on...

I  have two nieces and 4 nephews. Today my oldest niece (5) started school.  Last week my oldest nephew (17) started his senior year in high school.  Holy crap!  Wow I feel old and way behind.

  My best friend, Betsy, just found out she and her family are leaving for California for several months.  Her husband, Drue, is a geologist and has lots of work to do out there.  It will be great for them.  I am a little sad about it but will manage as long as she is back in time for my baby shower (I mean seriously we've been waiting years for this).  

Families waiting for a healthy infant (with CHSFS) are waiting about 16 months right now for a referral.  That means we have 4 months to go (ish).  That's doable, right?  I'll let you in on a little secret.  I'm kinda glad its taking longer then expected (at least for a minute).  How would I have had 2 surgeries in 4 months with an infant?  

No comments:

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers