Monday, May 18, 2009

Solicited advice

We often get advice on our adoption process. Usually from people who have never adopted and would never consider adopting.

Now I am soliciting advice-if you have thoughts, good or bad, share 'em. Brutal honesty can be good (ok not too brutal I'm a little emotional these days). Given my last post on possible corruption we are getting a little nervous (or completely freaking out depending on how you look at it). Should we be worried about ET closing? Is that a possibility at this point? I don't know-I wish I did. If it does what do we do? We are considering increasing our age range and/or viewing the WIC list.

If it makes any difference we should be 6-9 months away from getting our referral. We have contacted CHSFS to get their thoughts. What are yours?

1 comment:

Roscoe and Julia Richardson said...

Hi Amy,

I wouldn't be too concerned about the country closing adoptions. According to our agency, the courts and MOWA are getting very particular with the documentation of children, "left to be found" cases, and relinquishment. This is a good thing although ti means that we as adoptive parents might have to wait longer. We did not get an impression that the country was closing adoptions - just that the courts and MOWA are getting more detailed - a GREAT thing!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers