Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Heartbreak

The last few weeks have been challenging around this house. Tesfa has been difficult to say the least. He is excessively clingy with mommy-not letting daddy change a diaper or anything. I'm worn out! The mommy, mommy, mommy screaming is exhausting to hear and handle. I find myself yelling at him for yelling-more than normal.

Then I see a friend post on facebook about her childs "traumaversary" and I literally cry. I have been so wrapped up in the chaos that I forgot the significance of this month. It is not only his birth month but also the time that he was separated from his Enat. Now the worst part is that I thought about these dates a month ago and thought "hhhmmmm, I wonder how he'll be" then i forgot about his trauma and only thought of mine.

It's sometime easy to overlook details of the life he had before we knew him.

No comments:

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers