Friday, April 9, 2010

Oh the possibilities...a random array of thoughts at 19 months

How is it possible to love a country that you have never been to?

To gain a wonderful friendship from a crazed email?

To wait 19 months and still not jump when the phone rings? OK, I am jumping but that is for Emily's call not mine. This is actually great for me. I am so glad to have some good news to look forward to.

Is it even possible that the end of this countdown will end with a referral? Really? I have my doubts. I feel like I am counting down to a vacation or a ... I don't even know what, but not to a referral. It's just too hard to believe that it is possible at this point.

Russia is (or I believe will be) closing adoptions soon. As many of you know that is where are journey began. I feel grateful that we are not getting that news (and hope we don't) but feel horrible for the families that are waiting and especially for the kids who need homes.

After 19 months I feel oddly ok. Maybe I have reconciled with not having children. I don't think that will last long.

3 comments:

The Busters said...

I also have wondered before how it is possible to love a country that I have never been to. Strange. I believe in you and that the end of this countdown will bring a referral. Because I have to be right about you having a girl!!! I hate being wrong! :) Love you!!

Cami said...

You will know your child soon....you absolutely will! Hang in there.

jen said...

like.

OK more than like but I speak facebook.

love.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers