Thursday, April 15, 2010

Crunching the numbers

Ok the last post got me thinking about how many spots we have moved on average over the last year. We average roughly 4 spots a month. This puts us right into our vacation planned for mid June. Part of me (a very small part) thinks it will be sooner because we are higher on the list and you don't always make it to #1 when the call comes and more referrals seem to come in the summer.

When people get close they start telling you where they are for a boy and where they are for a girl. Have we actually reached that point? I didn't really think about it that way until speaking with Em last night.

So when I look at the list I guess it actually boils down to us being #4 for a boy or #7 for a girl. REALLY??? Can that be right??? Has anyone ever yelled at their case worker thinking they were playing a joke on them when The Call finally came? If not, I may be the first.

There has to be a mistake in my math??? Serioulsly I can't think. We are #8 on The List. One family is requesting sibs, 3 are requesting infant girls, the other 4 (including us) are open to an infant of either gender.

Are we really getting close enough to care about the phone ringing??? I still don't believe it.

My apologies, my brain is scattered (as I am sure you can tell).

3 comments:

Heidi said...

So excited for you!!! Come on phone, ring!

Heather said...

Holy Cow! It could be any minute!

Leah said...

You are definitely getting up there! How freaking exciting!!! I hope you get your call really soon. :)

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers