Sunday, November 2, 2008

Just 45 more weeks!

I can't believe at this point we are still 45 weeks (roughly) away from receiving our referral. We're 7 weeks in and it is already making me crazy. I thought by the time we got on the wait list I would be fine. God knows we are so busy its not even funny but I am still going a little (ok a lot) crazy. I would like to by stuff for the baby. It is hard enough to do that when you don't know the sex of the baby but we don't event know how big he/she will be.

It occurred to me that I will be 32 on Christmas-can you believe it??? This was supposed to be my deadline for babies. Yep, by 32 we were to be done having children. This had been my plan since I was a teenager. The thought that I may be 33 by the time we bring home our first is hard to swallow. Part of my thinking as a teenager was that they would be out of the house by the time I was 50. Joel, in his great wisdom, joked 'we can just adopt older kids next time'. It made me laugh.

Next week we are going to an IFIF (Interracial families in friendship) meeting. It seems like many of the families are adoptive families (and some have adopted from Ethiopia). I am looking forward to it. One of the moms is a wedding planner at a church we have been to several time. What a small world.

No comments:

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers