Monday, November 10, 2008

Great Meeting: IFIF

We attended our first IFIF (Interracial Families In Friendship) meeting on Saturday. It was great to meet so many wonderful people.

The families that we met had adopted from Ethiopia (yeah), Liberia (W. Africa), Guatemala, and many domestic adoptions. The kids ran around screaming and having a great time. I love the idea that we can get together with other families that have white mommies and/or daddies and brown babies. Hopefully our peanut will see our family as normal (well as normal as this family is going to get anyway).

What is IFIF? Just a group of interracial families that meet once a month for dinner. That's it. So simple but such a huge benefit. In the winter they meet at a church community room. In the summer they have different outings at parks etc...

2 comments:

paige said...

Yay Amy!!!

I'm glad you went. I'm hoping we'll make it to the meeting in December--maybe we can go together.

Amy said...

I don't think I can make it to the December meeting. I do plan to go to the January meeting.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers