Monday, June 18, 2012

A Child

Lets call this child "M".  I saw a profile picture of M about two months ago.  Haven't got M out of my head since. Thought of 100 ways that we could make this work.  My husband doesn't love that, but is warming up to the idea.

 M is 5 and bi-racial.  I had hoped that was why M was on the list, but things are never as simple as I want them to be.  I have a feeling we won't be a good match for M but am looking into it regardless ( because I have to know).  Adopting out of birth order may not work for us.  I know very little about M-none of M's history just what they post on the website (age, likes, simple stuff).  Adoption is many things-simple is never one of them.

I'm sad that this child may not become apart of our family but sadder wondering if/when he will become a part of any family.  I'm sad that M has experienced such a trauma (whatever that may be).

Update: got word that it is a no go for us.  thought i'd feel relived but really just cried.

No comments:

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers