Thursday, March 22, 2012

Trayvon

I'm so upset by this case. I know most of my friends are as well. I mean, lets face it, most of my friends have black children and even black MALE children. I know a lot of people are sharing Trayvons story. But what upsets me the most is the people that attack me for being Pro-Choice- the people that are sitting here bitching about Obama and how is to blame for gas prices aren't saying a word about this. Because if they did it could lead to a conversations about stronger gun laws.

I'd like to share this on fb but I am trying to be a good ally and I'm not sure if this is detracting from Trayvon's story, but in the end maybe Trayvon's death could help keep another kid from being killed.

4 comments:

The Busters said...

I was thinking the same thing this morning about gun laws. It infuriates me!! Why the heck was Zimmerman allowed to have a conceal carry license? I am also a little miffed that more of my friends without black children aren't posting about this. I realize they don't feel directly impacted and I suppose that is the root of the problem. They are basking in their privilege. Oh man, I could go on and on about this.

Amy said...

I agree about basking in the privilege=total denial of the problem.

Momma C said...

It's so much worse after sooooo many people were so quick to post the Kony 2012 video. Not that Kony isn't horrifying as well but why now, are those same voices, silent.

Amy said...

Good point C! Heart breaking on so many levels.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers