Monday, December 27, 2010

To Crib or not to Crib

Since Tesfa came home in September he has slept in our room. Thanks to a good friend we have a wonderful portable crib that sits right next to my side of the bed. I thought we would be the family bed kinda family, but we're not. I like the idea don't get me wrong but my fear of him getting hurt doesn't allow my to do it. So he sleeps next to me safe and sound in his little crib. Now I am struggling with the idea of moving him into his own room. He does nap in there often. But I get teary thinking about moving him. Sometimes I lay in bed a minute or two and think I don't hear him breathing. Then he either coos, farts or I look over and stare at his chest until I see it rise and fall.

The reality of it is I think he would sleep better, Joel and I would sleep better and I don't think it will scar him for life to not sleep next to me. I think the first few nights would be hard for me. That seems so silly. His crib would literally be on the other side of our bedroom wall. I think I'll put a mattress on the floor in his room so I can sleep next to him for a night or two. Hopefully that will be enough to get me through the transition.


No comments:

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers