Thursday, December 30, 2010

First night in crib

Tesfa slept (or didn't) in his crib last night. I put him down at 7 and he was up at 11:30 wanting a bottle! I just don't get it. He eats so much during the day I don't see how he could be hungry at night. He was up again at 2:30. I did not give him a bottle, but did rock him for a bit and put him back in his crib. He babbled and fussed for a little while. He didn't cry or scream-it was more him comforting himself. I feel awful for not being more patient, but after four months it is wearing me out. My husband is awesome and gets up quite a bit with Tesfa so I probably shouldn't be so frustrated. However, he does the same thing at nap time-although that is finally getting better.

So this morning Tesfa got up around 7:30. Joel was up and brought Tesfa out to the his little play area while he finished getting ready for work. He played nicely for around 30 minutes. He did not scream and have a fit for a bottle or food eventhough he hadn't eaten in 8 hours! When I gave him his breakfast he didn't gobble it down. He ate it but didn't seem like he was overly hungry. So what gives? How can he wake up in the morning and not fuss for food but can't make it 4 hours during the night?

I feel the need to mention how much I love the boy and how good he is most of the day. As though after reading this you may question me.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh Amy, this really sucks I'm sorry! And of course he is a great kid, he is just a great kid that has a different schedule! We have off weeks with Leo, this week being one too! He has been sleeping in his own crib since the beginning of October, and we haven't been giving him bottles when he wakes up. It takes a good week to get into a slight routine, but that could even change with an ear infection (which is what I suspect Leo has now). One thing that has REALLY helped Leo is a white noise machine. We got one that shines a light onto the ceiling. He loves it, and will sit and talk to it in the middle of the night. BIG hugs to you, and this will get better soon!

Nikki said...

Totally know what you mean about him being a great kid!!! I'm sure he is, just a momma needing a full night's sleep on a regular basis! I wish I had some wonderful words of wisdom...but I don't. Just hang with it and things will get better. Katie's probaly right about it taking about a week or so to get into a good routine. Just know that you are Tesfa's momma and whatever you are doing...you're doing right. He's beautiful, growing, and smart. Take time for yourself at times too! Hugs & happy new year!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers