Sunday, November 7, 2010

First Signs of Progress


Food Anxiety: Tesfa anxiety about getting fed has greatly diminished. He now goes 4 or more hours without a bottle and often gets fed before he even cries!!! This is so exciting. His cries and looks of terror when we first came home broke my heart. He is now drinking 34-40oz a day. A far cry from the 50+ounces he had been drinking. This morning I actually got a bottle out of the frig in front of him and waited a minute or so to give it to him. And he didn't freak out!

Joy: Joel spent the night at his parents last Friday so he could help is sister move. Tesfa and I were outside when he came home. When Joel got close enough that Tesfa could see who it was he was SO excited. He squealed and kicked his legs. It was really cute to see.

Approval: He looks to Joel and/or myself to make sure a person is ok.

Good Cry: Yesterday my SIL came down to help us out with an event we are photographing today. Joel handed Tesfa to her and after about 5 seconds he looked at us puckered his lip and CRIED. I don't think I've ever been so happy to hear him cry. As soon as I picked him up he stopped crying!!! JOY

He is getting more smiley and happy everyday.
He now kicks his legs when you tell him Kick, Kick, Kick.

1 comment:

Alex said...

You Go Boy! SO happy for him and you! Missed you today -- see you Sunday?

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers