Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Plan

As anyone who knows me or who has read my blog for awhile can tell you, I have questioned so many decisions I have made when it comes to our adoption. I second guessed myself constantly. Did we pick the right agency? Should we switch agencies (when wait times increased again and again)? Will this ever happen for us? Well it is happening. I truly do not believe it. I feel very calm right now. Packing is nearly complete. But still I don't believe it is really happening.

I know longer second guess my decision. I am so glad we stuck it out with our agency and waited longer. Because after all T wasn't even born when we considered switching. I truly feel like he is meant to be ours. That's awesome and difficult at the same time. I am not naive-at least not anymore. Two plus years of waiting taught me a lot. I know that this beautiful little boy with a crazy mohawk was loved by another first. My heart breaks for her. I so hope we get to meet her on trip two. I want her to know that he will be ok and will be loved always.

So apparently the plan was for us (especially me) to grow and become less naive, meet some really awesome friends who we now consider family, board a plane with 2 of our closest friends, and have the love and support of said friends as we meet our boy and leave Ethiopia without him.

I am still so nervous about court, but I can't wait to see how the rest of this plan unfolds. I can't wait to board another plane and bring home our (soon to be) son.

Think of us and The Busters and send a few good thoughts or prayers our way.


5 comments:

jessica said...

I could have written those first two paragraphs. Right before we left for Ethiopia, I was thinking the same exact thing. I couldn't believe it was really happening. It all seemed too surreal and too good to be true. With all of the delays, I never expected the day to finally come. It was crazy to think that it was actually happening! It's an amazing feeling to be on your way to ET.

It's been exactly two months since we met our Mamush and I STILL can't believe it! It STILL feels so surreal.

I am also glad we stuck with CHSFS. If we decide to have another child, we'd like to use them again. They really took such good care of us while in ET, and, more importantly, they took very good care of our son.

I'm really excited for you guys!

The Busters said...

Amy, I sense such a peace in your writing these days and it is truly wonderful to read. Yes, I believe this was the plan and it seems unreal that we will be in Ethiopia at the same time and hopefully become official parents within 24 hours. Unreal. Love you and see you in Frankfurt!

Rebecca said...

wow. it is going to be so wonderful to have travel buddies. it's going to be overwhelming but so exciting. i think the best thing i did to prepare was to just let go of any expectations of how i was going to feel or how our daughter was going to feel. i just surrendered to the experience.

safe travels. joy to you! can't wait to hear that it is official!!!

Cindy said...

Have an amazing trip Amy!

Heidi said...

Amy, I will be thinking of you and the Busters all week!!! Best of luck and I hope you have the time of your life!!!!!!!

XOXO,
Heidi

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers