Saturday, July 17, 2010

Friday!!!!!!!!!!!

We leave on Friday! I can not believe it. After all this time it does not feel real. We meet him in 9 days. T is now in Addis which means we will get to see him twice instead of just once. My biggest concern is of course passing court.

We received T's social report yesterday with lots of photos. Let me tell you he is even cuter then I could have imagined. He is holding his head up well or at least it appears in the photo. He drinks all of his portion of formula and mostly cries when hungry.

Next to court my biggest concern is seeing his lifebook. I'm not sure how to prepare for this. I am glad that we will have the chance but not sure how to process the info we receive.

4 comments:

Momma C said...

Will you get the lifebook this trip or on the second trip- there is no good way to prepare. Although if you are doing the birthparent meeting-the lifebook has got to be easier than that. We got two videos with K's likebook- one was her story- the other one was just a glimpse of her life in the care center (which has nothing personal in it)

The lifebook is an amazing gift we get though

Amy said...

I am so glad to get the lifebook. We view it on the first trip and I think bring it home on the next one. I am so glad we will get to have that.

Rebecca said...

so excited for you! sending lots of positive vibes that everything will go smoothly with court. it's going to be amazing!!!

N8 said...

How exciting for you! You are so close!

We are nearing the end of the adoption process ourselves. I noticed you have a link to Junk Posse on your blog ... if you are interested we are hosting a Junk Posse giveaway for a $150 gift certificate. $5 buys an entry, and if you blog/tweet/facebook about it and tell her on HER blog, she'll choose one person and give them a little something extra!

Our blog is http://thelemanskis.blogspot.com/2010/07/junk-posse-gift-certificate.html.

Safe travels and CONGRATULATIONS!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers